no, against popular opinion i do not plan on spending every single weekend out in the bars drinking my life away.
although, that would be nice – but i’ll be responsible.
this passed Tuesday I turned the infamous number of 21. it was great and lovely and all things fantastic and even though I have lived twenty wonderful years on this earth I made a list of things I am changing about my life now that I am 21.
1. I will stop being so damn hard on myself. If I want to have a piece of chocolate cake at midnight, I will do it with wonderful pleasure and I will no longer count the calories of each bite and calculate how many minutes I need to run to burn all the calories off. I am 21, and I will enjoy my great metabolism while I still have it.
2. I will continue to read great books, even if that means I am sitting alone in my bedroom on a Saturday night instead of dressing up for some random house party or club scene that I won’t get much out of anyways, except some random drunk guy asking me to make out with him. No, I am classy and have morals. Heck, I’m not even wearing a short dress. Do I look like I will make out with you?
3. I’ll be more open minded and take the challenges that life throws at me as a blessing rather than a misfortune. Who in this world has ever become stronger or learned certain life lessons without challenges?
4. I’ll have more courage to stand up for myself. If someone is rude or mean to me, I will show them just how rude and mean I can be. Sorry, did that just sound rude and mean? Sorry.
5. (I just added this one because of #4). I will stop saying sorry for speaking my mind and saying how I feel.
6. I’ll decorate my room beautifully and keep it clean at my mother’s request and I will even vacuum and dust if need be, but I won’t take down my pink wallpaper because even though I am 21, every girl enjoys pink and I refuse to not enjoy it.
7. I will no longer fight for someone to be in my life. That’s high school – middle school even. If I have to beg you to be my friend, and bend over backwards to get you to hang out with me then I will show you the door out of my life. For the record though, I have a great sense of humor and awesome taste in music so you probably should hang out with me.
8. I read somewhere that the most sexiest thing is the idea of being wanted instead of just being someone’s second choice or being there for someone else’s convenience. Or being comfortable with yourself is sexy, instead of flaunting your boobs or wearing a short skirt. So, I’m going to always be myself and hopefully I’ll come off as confident and sexy instead of awkward and weird. But, I’m pretty sure I passed the awkward part of my life at 14. I’m pretty sure I am still awkward
9. I will no longer respond to text messages that only consist of the letter “k” but I will always answer to ones in which include a one direction reference or an Ed Sheeran song lyric. Or pictures of food, those are awesome too.
10. I will continue to secretly wish I was Tina Fey. Maybe in the dream universe that consists in my head – I am her.
Happy 21st year to me!!