Even though I am a makeup fanatic, I don’t always go all out with my makeup. Most days, when I am running to class or work, I just put a little mascara and eyeliner, then I am good to go! But, here are my makeup favorites for when I have more time.
1. Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub $9.95 – This was the first product that I even bought from Lush. The woman at the store told me it was used to exfoliate your lips before applying lipstick, but I use it right before bed. It keeps my lips from cracking before I apply my chapstick and it also makes my lips feel super smooth. Even better, the scrub is edible and tastes like bubblegum!
2. LashBlast Volume Waterproof Mascara $8.99 – I am a sucker for good mascara that makes my eyelashes long and curly (especially since i am scared to use an eyelash curler), and this mascara does just that. It’s affordable and works perfectly, and since it is in a larger console, it lasts awhile so I always feel as if I get my money’s worth.
3. Sephora Collection Contour Eye Pencil $10.00 – I don’t use these ones every day, because I mostly wear them on my top lid along with a light colored eye shadow. They are great for mixing colors so I have three of them. Since they are cheap, they are great eyeliners to try before buying expensive multi-colored eye pencils.
4. bareMinerals Original Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 $28.00: I spent years using Neutrogena liquid foundation because of my acne prone skin, however since using Accutane, my dermatologist recommended I use a mineral based foundation. This is the one I use because it feels light against my skin, and I do not have to use a lot of powder to get full coverage. It works better with the use of this brush.
5. Lancome Le Style Waterproof Long Lasting Eyeliner $27.00 – Since I began wearing makeup in high school, I have always used this eyeliner. I had used “eye pencils” under my lower eyelid but because I had oily skin, the coal would melt making it look as if I had raccoon eyes. This eyeliner has never had that effect, and lasts all day.
6. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner $20.00: Stila isn’t joking when they say “stay all day.” I wear this on my top lid because the sleek and smooth brush is perfect if you’re going for the “cat eye” look. I have never had this product smudge along my lid, making this my one and only favorite liquid eyeliner.
7. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush $35.00 – This blush is a little on the pricier sides of things, but it is still one of my favorite blushes. I have naturally rosy cheeks so it’s hard to find a blush that doesn’t make me look like a clown. Since this blush is combined with lighting power, it gives both color and a glow for the perfect shade of pink!
8. NARS Audacious Lipstick $32.00 – I will admit this is a little pricey just for lipstick, but because I am somewhat low maintenance, I don’t like having to reapply my lipstick multiple times a day. One day, I put this lipstick on at 9:30 in the morning, and I didn’t have to reapply it until 3:00 that afternoon. It’s magic.
9. Benefit Cosmetics Watt’s Up! $30.00 – I didn’t know what highlighter was until a few short months ago, but now I have no idea what I ever did without it. I apply it to only my cheek bones. I have bangs so I don’t need to apply it to my brow bones like most people do. Nevertheless, it gives your face a nice glow to it that is not over the top, but still radiant.
10. Urban Decay Naked Palette $54.00 – The three Urban Decay Naked Palette’s usually top everyone’s makeup lists because of their many different shades and long lasting wear. I have all three of them, and each separate shade will be able to work for everyone.
* Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy these products as much as I do!